Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Liebster #3


I was nominated for this award by my wonderful friend Misty. She is a talented author of the amazing Ouroboros Legacy and fabulous creator of must-have CC. Thank you very much for this honor!

The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers, to promote the blogging sites we love and support.

Accepting the nomination comes with these conditions:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.

My Nominations:
~ Nancy01905 for Oliver 300 Baby Challenge.
~ Zephyr for The Goth Chronicles.
~ Emerain for A Shooting Star.
~ Kris Vicious for Beautiful.
~ Sandy Beach Girl for Listening to my Heart.
~ Hannah for Dustland Fairytale.
~ Melodic Molly for Written in the Stars.
~ CreamierthanMami for One Thousand Baby Steps.
~ Tad Olson for Evermore Falls.
~ PmlTry for That One.
~ Seaweedy for Today in the World of Sims Stories.

1. What inspires you to write Sims stories?
I enjoy watching my ideas come to life and Sims offers a great platform in which to do that. I have a few non-sims stories that I've found MUCH harder to complete because unlike the others, I can't actively watch them aside from my mind's eye.

2. Which character are you most attached to and why?
Yikes. Um. I'd have to say all of them. They're like my babies and I enjoy watching life breathe into them. Sounds strange, sure. But these characters have been birthed from the dark recesses of my mind and I can't help but feel attached to them all :) If I had to choose though, I'd say Brett Knight and Caleb Savage. These were two of my first creations and I guess I can say I owe my writing interest to them.

3. How much time do you spend set-building?
Too much. Way too much! And what's worse is I NEVER reuse sets. I have a sickness. I can spend all day, roughly 9 hours, building the PERFECT hospital, for example, that I need a total of ONE room for (patient room most likely).  But I'll have created the lobby, ER rooms, reception, X-ray rooms, laboratory for testing, a cafe, nursery, examination rooms and a chapel all for 3 shots in a patient's room (and yes, this is something I've done). BUT the good thing, I suppose, is once I've finished a build, I share them with the community in case others needed something similar. The  bad thing, however, is when I need a patient room again, I'll start the building process all over again. Why? I just told you I had a sickness. I have 4 police stations, 3 hospitals, 2 shopping malls...the list is endless and redundant.

4. Do you have any personal rituals involved in your writing process?
Not really. Well maybe. Lol. Most days it consists of me turning on the computer, opening a document from my "recent documents" tab (at random of one of several docs), opening up my music library and staring for close to 4 hours before I write a word or two. Close to 10 p.m., often I find myself finally pushing my fingers against the keyboard and next thing I know it's 3 a.m., I've written a good 5-6 pages and my husband is kissing me goodbye as he heads to work. Huh. Guess that's a ritual since it happens more often than I'd like.

5. Have you ever finished a 10 generation legacy?
Nope! I can't do a legacy and it's really, really hard for me to read them too. I hate getting attached to a character only to watch them die. It kills me every time. I actually only read 2 legacies, one of which started as an actual story and then later on became a legacy (yep I was tricked). The second, Ouroboros, I willingly accepted my fate. To this day I still miss that damn wand.

6. If you’re into gameplay challenges, what challenge are you thinking about playing next?
I've actually never done a gameplay challenge. Some sound very fun and interesting but they are rather long haha I don't think I have that kind of attention span, unfortunately.

7. Biggest pet peeve about the game?
Haha how much time you have? It's 32-bit. It's glitchy as hell. It crashes, randomly decides it doesn't want to save and recently I find there is strange CC popping up even though I haven't added anything. On top of that, there is stuff disappearing like CC deletes itself. The EA worlds, some, are way too big (Bridgeport comes to mind) and I choose to teleport around town instead of driving. Although I know of a great mod that speeds cars up for travel (thanks, Misty). There's more. There's always more. But I shall stop here.

8. Do you admit to your friends that you play Sims?
Anyone who'll listen I do. Most already know I'm a gaming nerd and spend lots of time on my computer so it's not a surprise to find that I animate stories I write either.

9. Have you ever dreamed about Sims?
All the time. They invade my dreams...mostly it's me wishing for a "make real" button so that they can um...but, anyway, yeah I have dreams.

10. What feature do you wish existed in the game?
Great question! One thing that does exist for Sims 4 but not 3 is the search option for your CC. I really wish we had that for the Sims 3. It would save TONS of time. I have endless amounts of collections to organize my stuff in game and make it easy to find but yeah. That would have been great. 

11. Think there will be a Sims 5?
Yes. If there is an opportunity for EA to line their pockets with more of our hard-earned cash, they will take it.

Questions to my nominees:
01. When did you start writing?
02. Are any of your characters or situations based on real people or events?
03. What inspires you to write?
04. Which of your characters is your favorite?
05. Who is your favorite author?
06. What kind of books do you read?
07. If you could use the Sims Time Machine, where would you go and why?
08. You're stranded on a deserted island with 4 characters from your story(ies). Who are they and what do you think would happen? 
09. If you could be any character from a book or movie, who would you be and why?
10. If you could marry the man/woman of your dreams, who would you choose and why?
11. Sims have a lot of quirky and fun inventions and objects not found in real life. If you could choose one thing (for example, spellbook, time machine, Bonehilda) what would it be and why? (Feel free to choose from any of the amazing custom creations as well e.g. Pose Player, Pregnancy controller, lighting tweaks, etc.)

Thank you again, Misty, for the nomination :)

~Daijah

No comments:

Post a Comment