Thursday, August 8, 2013

Chapter 18: Masques


Music drifted softly from the wall speakers filling the large ballroom with an enchanting, soothing melody. Several guests milled about the large room pandering to the upper class and rubbing shoulders with a few hometown celebrities in attendance. Natalie moved about the area tending to those already in attendance and anticipating the arrival of many more. Her mother was in charge of the guest list and although it was agreed to keep the gala at a sensible number, her mother argued that ‘the more in attendance, the higher the amount raised’.


In other words they were doing things her way like it or not. Mercedes and Claire did very little to argue the point but Janice and Estelle got into a heated conversation over the matter. It didn’t concern Natalie one way or the other. Her guest list consisted of two people, one of which she spotted near the fountain speaking with someone she didn’t immediately recognize.


Their eyes met briefly and Nick quickly motioned her forward, smiling as she stopped in beside him. “Natalie, it’s always a pleasure. Your smile lights up my night. I see why Blake is so enamored,” he whispered and squeezed her shoulder in a hug. “I wanted to introduce you to a dear friend of mine, Jean-Marie. JM, this is Natalie.”


“It’s nice to meet you,” the women’s greeting mirrored with an equally as warm smile in exchange. “Do you work in fashion with Nick?”

“Yes actually I’m more a designer though; art has always been a passion of mine.”

“She in fact designed many of the vests you’ve seen me in including the mask to match tonight,” he smiled proudly and swirled the drink in his hand. “As far as talent goes, JM, I’ll have you know that Natalie here has some of that of her own. From what I hear she’s set to become our next Hemmingway.”


Natalie shot him a surprised look and he shrugged casually at the expression. “Well I wouldn’t go that far. I mostly just scribble thoughts and ideas very seldom do they make stories and when they do they’re rather short.”

“Well either way I’m sure they’d make an entertaining read! Nick has an eye for these things. In fact he helped me break into the world of fashion. So I highly regard his opinion.”

Noticing Estelle waving in his direction, Nick tapped Natalie’s shoulder and gestured at her mother. “Uh I think you’re needed near the buffet.” Giving her cheek a quick peck he watched her move off in that direction before returning to his conversation. 


“Everything looks wonderful!” Mercedes complimented Natalie as she and Estelle prepared to open the last of the doors for the evening.

“Yes tonight should be a wonderful success,” Estelle smiled beneath her highly adorned mask and gave Natalie a quick pat on the shoulder. “Please attend to the wait staff Dear, make sure they know NO ONE is to go without a full glass in their hands or a snack on their plates ok?”


“Yes Mother,” Natalie nodded and started towards the kitchen as she heard the voices of several more guests piling into the large ballroom and locating their tables. The heat from the back room was stifling and upon noticing her entrance, one of the cooks opened the window to let out some of the steam. She smiled her appreciation and moved deeper into the room locating the Executive Chef.


After a quick conversation she returned to the ballroom among the large mass of expensive gowns, feathers and silk suits and sighed. Tonight should be a great success if her Mother moved her lips like always then the Wildlife Preservation would have plenty of seed money to keep their operation running. Natalie scoffed at the idea. While she wanted to send the money to a more in need charity such as Restoration of The Westside or Valley’s Underprivileged for the children without homes, the Women’s Club thought the animals could use it more.


Natalie wasn’t against helping the wildlife but in her mind they weren’t going anywhere and there had already been several substantial advances made for their cause in the last five years. The children and families of Cresting Heights deserved the funds way more. But she stopped arguing the fact and let the elders decide where to delegate tonight’s proceeds. Stealing a glass of champagne from a passing waiter, Natalie pushed off the walls and started towards the balcony. Already bored watching the ‘who’s who’ dance, laugh and drink believing they were doing ‘a good thing’ just to make it that much easier to sleep at night.


It was already quieter for her once the double doors shut behind her and she slowly sipped from her glass as she watched the valet park cars on the terrace below. “Miss?” Brody called from behind her as he made his approach. “You shouldn’t be out here. Besides the fact that it’s chilly, you make a great target standing at the balcony like that.”

Natalie turned towards him and nodded. “I won’t be long Brody I just wanted some air is all. I promise I’m not about to take off,” she smirked and took another sip of her champagne. “Five minutes and I’ll be back inside.”

“As you wish,” Brody bowed slightly and backed inside with the others. He looked at her from the windows as she turned back around and leaned over the railing before attending to Estelle and ensuring she too was safe.


“You look beautiful,” his voice rolled over her instantly warming the chills the cool night air had swept over her bare shoulders.

Natalie turned with a smile and pushed away from the railing as Blake stepped out of the shadows beside the back wall. “You came! I thought you said you weren’t cut out for public appearances?”


“Well it would have been rude to decline such a generous offer. Besides from what I understand the reason for this ball was because of me. How can the ‘guest of honor’ not make an appearance?” Natalie blushed slightly and Blake smirked as he moved closer to her. “I’m sorry. Was I not supposed to know that?” he nearly whispered as he took up a spot beside the railing.

“I hope it doesn’t make you uncomfortable or anything.”


“Not at all, quite the opposite actually; I appreciate the consideration.” He looked around behind her as she leaned over the railing again before joining her and taking in the generous curves of her body with deep appreciation for the way the fabric accentuated her perfectly. “Why are you out here alone?”

“You mean why am I not in there?” she nodded towards the upper crest women he was always speaking about goosing the barely legal young men serving as wait staff just inside the double doors. “Because I value my sanity and I’m not overly fond of harassment charges either.”

Blake smiled again as he noticed one of the Society women smacking another’s rear nearly causing him to drop his serving tray. “Ah! So that’s the real reason you asked me to come! So that I can be sexually abused by your Mother and her friends!”

“If any of them touched you they’d be begging me to show them ‘charity’. You’re MY date.”


Date? Blake caught on to the last word in her sentence and grinned. “Mmm well in some cases I suppose being abused can be nice.” Blake watched as Natalie’s face filled with color. Even beneath her mask he could tell his comment made her blush and mentally complimented himself on the smile that soon followed.

Natalie laughed to ease her nervousness and playfully tapped Blake’s shoulder. He relished in the feeling of her hand lingering on his arm for a moment and inhaled deeply to settle the rumblings of his wolf. “So how long do I have the pleasure of your company?”

“Oh not long. I worry being…exposed for an extended period. I don’t want anyone to see and this is much different than a darkened theater balcony or overcrowded nightclub.”


“Well I wouldn’t worry about that. Everyone is surely nice and liquored up enough to not notice or at least pretend they don’t care.” Natalie watched Blake for a moment and leaned forward to touch his mask and he immediately backed away. She smiled encouragingly and he caught her hands in his and slowly guided her hands to his face.

“Yours is much nicer,” he joked and watched her as her fingers gently slid over the surface of the mask. “I’m sure the plastic doesn’t rub your face the wrong way either but you get used to it.”

“Do you ever take it off?” her fingers tugged beneath the seam, breaking the connection between his face and the mask and Blake quickly backed away with a sigh.

“Only when I need to wash. But anyway, I should get going.”

“But you just got here!”


“Actually I’ve been around, watching. I came with Nick.”

“And he’s still inside. You know it’s rude to leave before your ride is ready to go Blake. Didn’t anyone ever teach you that?”

“Says the one constantly sneaking away from her bodyguard and chauffeur? I highly doubt you’re the one to teach me that Natalie,” he smirked and watched her mind try to think up a comeback.

“Ok well how about it’s rude to just show up, have a drink and leave when you’ve been invited somewhere?”

“Fine but, I don’t know anyone here besides you and Nick and he’s inside schmoozing the high class and you’re playing hostess. It’s not often you’re alone enough for a conversation Natalie I can’t wait around the shadows all night for you to get another five minutes of free time.”

“Since when? The shadows are like your second home and besides, this is a masquerade, everyone is wearing masks, you will go unnoticed.”


“Unless I’m seen with the Natalie Silverman at a Silverman’s gala? And trust me looking the way you do we’d have all the tongues wagging. I’m sure your Mother is probably looking for you right now and I don’t want to be around when she finds you. Plus I wouldn’t want Cinderella to miss her date with her Fairy Godmother.”

“My Mother is probably plastered by now and unable to remember her own name let alone notice the absence of her daughter. Besides in the fairytale, Cinderella got to dance with her Prince Charming before her night ended.”

Prince Charming? Blake glanced towards the ballroom doors and sighed as he watched the many couples inside swirling beneath the dimmed lights enjoying the festivities. “Yes well, I’m not much of a dancer. I’d hate to embarrass us by constantly stepping on your feet.”

“It’s a good thing we’re alone then,” Natalie smiled. “We have the balcony all to ourselves! Now no more excuses Blake. You came, even after you said you wouldn’t. You can at least have one dance with me while you’re here.”


Blake rubbed his hand through his hair and tried to think up a reason to say no but as much as everything in him told him to back away, his wolf would have no part in it and pushed him forward. “Fine. But no making fun of the way I move. We’re not all seasoned professionals here,” he obliged with a twinkle in his eye. “So Natalie Silverman, may I have this dance?” Blake asked with a slight bow and a small grin that tugged at the corner of his mouth. Taking hold of Natalie’s right hand he gently placed his other hand around her waist and watched as she closed her eyes. She rested her unoccupied hand on his shoulder and inhaled his deep masculine scent that caused the smile on his face to spread.

“I thought you said you didn’t know how?” Natalie asked as Blake stood in the perfect frame.


“I didn’t say I didn’t know how, I said I’m not much for it. Now,” he smiled and extended his hand until he felt the tenderly, soft touch of Natalie’s hand slip into his. “Follow my lead,” he whispered against her cheek as he jerked her into his chest. It was then she noticed just how tall Blake was and the fact that she only came up to his chin.

Her eyes were on his chest and he gently placed his hand beneath her chin and lifted her gaze upwards with a smile. He pressed his forehead against hers, stared into her eyes and slowly swayed to the music. “And who said you couldn’t dance?” Natalie grinned and wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned more into his body as his grip became firmer around her hips.


His breath washed over her as he tried controlling his nerves and he leaned his head back to look at her face. Her heart was pounding heavily in her chest and for a minute he thought it was his. Natalie looked up at him with her eyes half opened; her lips shimmering and swollen with need. “I’m glad you came,” she whispered and he watched as she sucked her bottom lip into her mouth giving him a tiny peek at her tongue. That one innocuous act made his heart do back flips and he wanted to let his mouth touch the same places. The thought of her tongue caressing his drew him forward and Blake pulled Natalie ever closer.


Blake lowered his head and let go of her hand. Placing his fingers under her chin again he brought her head up. His eyes were smoldering and she lost herself to the moment. Resting her hands on his hard chest, she could feel the bulge of his muscles beneath the thin fabric of his shirt and swallowed hard. Natalie’s breathing grew heavier the deeper she fell against Blake’s chest. His lips were so close she could feel his breath on her tongue and it warmed her from the inside out causing a fire to spark within her chest that followed every nerve in her body setting the rest of her aflame.


He looked at her with such hunger she felt immensely desirable. And had it not been for the arm he held her up with, she was sure her body would have melted into a puddle of goo at his feet. Everyone around them seemed to fade even more into the background until it was only the two of them and both could feel the furious heat their bodies were exuding. His fingers on her cheek was electric and goosebumps formed on her upper arm. There were no sounds of clinking stemware, no raspy chatter of gossip and no one else that mattered but them. Natalie smiled at the idea and Blake smiled as well as if he followed her train of thought. Their lips parted simultaneously as they drew closer and she closed her eyes to relish the taste of his mouth, but it never came.


A sharp screech of her name came from the side doors and her eyes flew open. Natalie pushed Blake away lightly as she turned towards the person speaking her name and her mouth opened in shock. Riley moved towards them with his hands balled into fists at his sides and his face turned down into a scowl and directed at Blake. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“Riley?!”


“Get your fucking hands off of her!” he spat at Blake ignoring Natalie’s concerned pleas and pushed his hands into Blake’s chest until he’d separated the two enough. Blake clutched Riley’s wrist tight in one palm and twisted; slowly crushing the bone within his grip. “Ahhh—ahhh,” Riley cried as he fell to his knees beneath Blake’s hold.


Realizing what he was doing, Blake quickly let go and looked towards Natalie, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean…” Riley rushed towards the double doors yelling for security, slamming his hands into the glass windows hard to gain the attention of everyone inside. “Natalie I’m sorry.”

“You have to go Blake!” she begged as eyes fell on the balcony. He looked at her with apologetic eyes and shook his head no.

“Natalie…”

“Go! Before the others find you! Please!” Blake jumped over the edge of the banister and hurried towards the woods before the participants inside all came out to answer Riley’s cries. 


Natalie looked towards her Mother whose eyes were hard and cold glaring at her daughter as Riley recounted what had just happened. She turned slightly to lessen the burn of embarrassment that crept up on her face and felt a hand wrap around her arm and yank her towards the stairs. 


Natalie sat outside her father’s office across from Brody who held position beside the door. Her Mother was inside screaming and yelling about how her daughter had embarrassed her tonight and how lax her security has been. Her Father was doing all he could to calm his wife but nothing seemed to help her agitation. The doors swung open and Estelle’s blurry figure breezed past her daughter heading upstairs to the master bedroom. “Handle this Arthur or I will!” Estelle shouted over her shoulder.


Arthur stepped into his doorway with an angry scowl and Natalie shrunk beneath his hardened gaze. “Brody can I see you in my office for a minute?” The bodyguard glanced momentarily in Natalie’s direction before entering the room and shutting the door behind him. Again Natalie sat listening to the shouting of one of her parents and the threats lodged at him by an angry Father concerned with his child’s safety. She could imagine him keeping his cool beneath the onslaught and every now and again she heard a ‘yes sir’ from him in response to something her Father was saying.


The door opened once more and Brody exited and took his position near the front door once more. And for the first time in his three years of employment, Natalie could see the irritation on his stony face. She knew there would be no easily evading his eagle eyes anymore. “Natalie?” Arthur called and waited for his daughter to follow him inside the room. It was now her turn to listen to the yelling and she was not looking forward to it.


Arthur paced behind his desk for a moment and Natalie took a seat as she watched. He was not in a good mood and she could do nothing more than resolve to taking her punishment for disobeying their orders of staying with her bodyguard. His shoulders were tense and she could tell he was doing everything in his powers to keep from completely unloading on her. Finally he turned with a stoic expression on his face and took the seat beside her. Leaning forward, he parted his lips to speak just one question. “Why?”


Natalie chewed on her bottom lip as she considered her answer and shrugged her shoulders with a sigh. “I just want to be me.” And with that one confession, tears began pouring from her eyes and she fell forward into her hands as she shook uncontrollably. She hadn’t meant to cry or show this amount of emotion in front of her father. But looking into his eyes and knowing his level of anger and concern made her for one of the first times she could remember since childhood truly understand how much he cared for her.

“I’m stifled here! Everything is being decided for me as I sit and watch my life being played out around me. And I stand powerless to do anything about it. You want me in business, Mother wants me in dance and no one cares about what I want or what interests me! I just wanted to have a little bit of freedom.”


Arthur gently tucked his fingers beneath his daughter’s chin and rubbed caressed her jaw delicately with his strong hand. He waited until she composed herself somewhat and look up at him. Offering her a smile, he leaned forward and wiped away her tears. “What did I tell you about my door Natalie? Why didn’t you say anything sooner?” He was met with silence and another shrug and sighed as he continued. 


“I’ve always only wanted what was best for you Natalie, you should know that. You’re my heir and that is the sole purpose I thought you would inherit my company once I retired. If you had no interest in doing that I wished you would have said something earlier. I never meant for you to feel forced into any of it. And as far as your Mother is concerned, she’s always been a little…high strung. I knew that when I married her. You just have to learn to ignore her; something I call ‘Estelle Ears’,” he grinned and rubbed a hand on the back of his neck. “Don’t tell her I said that.”


Natalie smiled as Arthur continued. “She means well I’m sure Natalie. In her eyes you’re living the dream she never got the chance to because we had you. If she becomes overbearing, just speak up. Sometimes she can’t seem to grasp the fact that you’re her daughter, not her puppet. Plus you have a secret weapon, me. If it becomes too much, Daddy’s little girl can just tell him and I’ll get the dragon lady off your back.” Arthur stood and moved towards his door and Natalie followed behind him. 


“And as far as Brody, your evading his watch stops now. That is one thing I will not be lenient about. I hired him for a reason Natalie and I won’t risk your safety or the safety of this family because you don’t want him hanging around, understand?”

She nodded her head and he held her in a warm hug for a moment, pushed away slightly and gave her a peck on the forehead. “Get yourself upstairs and rest ok? We can talk more about this later.” Natalie thanked her Father and started up the stairs to her room; Brody was right behind her.

Continue ---->

22 comments:

  1. Did I spot a JM there, smoozing with the elite society folks??? She looked good hanging with Nick. And how good of a 'friend' are they? Does she know the secrets to Nick's bedroom????

    JM you've been holding out on us girl!!! LOL

    The setting was pretty, great job on the ball room. Loved all the dresses and masks.

    Poor Nat, even when she is on the committee, her mom still ignores what she says. :( Seriously the animals needed it more than homeless children??? UGH stuck up self serving bitches. OK done with that rant.

    Aww Blake came, he didn't stand her up. That made her night. :D And squee an almost kiss! Fucking dick wad Riley. Seriously you fucked her friend and you think you still have claim to her?!?!?!?! UGH Wish Blake had thrown him over the railing!!!!!!

    Can I say again how much I hate her mother. She has no clue. I mean she needs to get her head out of her liposuctioned ass and see that the world does not revolve around her!!! Does she never notice that he daughter NEVER EVER SMILES????? I know Estelle can't she's too botoxed to move her facial muscles, but really Natalie never looks even remotely happy in her presence. How does she miss that?

    Her father is just as bad. Yes sure she can come to him, but his head is also in his ass. You have one child and neither of her parents seem to actually talk to her. They talk AT her but not to her. I would have run away a long time ago.

    Back to Riley, seriously when does he die??? Or at least get injured??? He's horrible and man Nat would have an even more miserable existence if she followed her mother's plans and married that asswipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did indeed! Wearing a Jean-Marie original with Nick dressed in the same :P Oooh interesting question. My lips are sealed (even if Jem's might not be O.o)

      Thank you. I didn't add too many random sims around because I already knew it was gonna be a pain lol (plus it was less to dress...yay lazy). Glad it came out ok though!

      LOL! Animals are cute and cuddly. Kids burp, scream and pee all over the place. Plus they ruin figures! (Just telling you what they were thinking). Yeah they were more inclined to help the furries than the "lowlifes" of Cresting Heights.

      Blake is a gentleman and I think that was the best part of being at that ball for her. Having a moment to be by his side AND a dance! LOL Blake wasn't far from doing that. The nerve of her ex pushing him and shouting at Natalie. Had he not gone to see Angelo though, that wolf would have made an appearance and Riley would be puppy chow. Then again Natalie would be so freaked out she wouldn't have known what to do and that would have been heartbreaking for Blake.

      Yes indeedy! Estelle is walking around thinking her shit is the only one that doesn't stink and everyone should bend to her will. Arthur tolerates her until he's had enough and puts his foot down as all husbands would. But for the most part he loves her and lets her do what she wants. That'll all change where Natalie is concerned though. Now that he knows she's making his daughter's life miserable he'll stand in and push the "dragon lady" back into her cave. LOL botoxed and liposucked :P that's too funny. It's sad that she's never taken the moment to see her daughter's facial expressions but that'll all come back to bite her in the ass very soon!

      Arthur is barely around and when he is he is dealing with his company and money matters. He hates that they no longer have their father daughter time like they used to which is why he took her to work with him a little bit ago. But like I said now that Natalie has come to him and voiced her opinion, he'll work on changing things for her for the better.

      Um...I'm not sure actually. If I said never would I ever see the light of day again? Let's just say um...yes? Yeah Riley DEFINITELY is not husband material. You could already imagine what life would be like with him. Constant cheating, lying, ignoring her wants/desires. Nope...not happening!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Come on! No kissing?! Jesus Christ... fine.

    Riley, Riley, Riley... what could we do with him. I was going to suggest feeding him to the needy children but they probably are not so bad off they would be willing to chew on gristle. Well at least Blake broke a bone.

    If Natalie's parents are hell bent on making her have a personal body-guard, then she should flip the tables and at least tell Brody that she is seeing Blake. Give him a bonus for keeping quiet. (Though, he seems like he would keep her secret without extra cash.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Blame Riley :P They were close but no cigar. It helps them both though because they know now where the other stands; it's something they both want.

      HAHA! Funny! Yeah I don't think the kiddies are quite that desperate yet. Blake has a few ideas himself for what could/should become of Riley Dupree and none of them end pleasantly. He's certainly a thorn in Blake's side now and that's not a good place for Mr. Dupree.

      That is a possibility though Natalie is very sure Blake doesn't want anyone knowing about him so she's doing her best to keep him a secret. Plus it kinda makes her feel good having that one thing uncorrupted by her family and all to herself. Brody will be EXTRA thorough in his job now...so that's gonna be a little harder for her slipping out. Still, I'm sure they'll find a way :D

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  3. DANG IT! SO CLOSE! They've been realizing their attraction for each other--and that it's mutual--for a few chapters now, I hoped tonight was the night! Damn you Riley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riley really interrupted a beautiful moment. Natalie and Blake both have been waiting on this for a while now but thanks to Riley, it's been prolonged. Just one more reason to add his name to the kill list (not that many didn't already have it there!)

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  4. DAYUM!! That almost-kiss...
    I knew they were going to be interrupted. I was screaming at them to hurry up and just do it because otherwise they wouldn't get a chance, and then it was too late. *sigh*

    Wish Blake had broken Riley's face. Or, just his nose would do. He strikes me as the type who takes great pride in his appearance, and so having his face all swollen would have him out the way for a while.
    I'd love him to have killed him, but that really wouldn't help the situation at all.

    I like Arthur :) He's a good Daddy. Hopefully he can kick Estelle in line for Natalie's sake. And I really hope Natalie manages to sneak out and see Blake soon, they need that kiss! But I hope Brody won't get fired for it! :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :( Blake wanted to be certain Natalie was feeling it too so he took his time, chose his moment and waited to feel her heartbeat echo his. And then...the asshole showed up.

      Lol! Had Natalie not been there I'm sure Blake wouldn't have had to worry about showing restraint! He really wanted to mess him up though not only for touching him but yelling at Natalie, his wolf didn't like that very much. A broken nose probably would have worked out great for them too! Although Riley would have used that to advocate more to her parents...you'll see what I mean in the next chapter :(

      Arthur does his best for his daughter and now he'll work even harder to make sure she has a reason to smile. It's a good thing Natalie finally opened up to him about what's happening in her home life! He will reign in the Puppet Master. Where there's a will - Natalie and Blake will certainly try and find a way!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Awww, they were so close...! Damn Riley! Well, at least they got to slow-dance together, that's something. And now Blake knows (I hope) that Natalie doesn't think of him as just a "friend".

    Natalie's parents seem rather clueless as to their daughter's feelings, well..., her father at least shows some affection for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks to have their perfect moment ruined because of a jealous ex. Blake stopped hurting Riley because of Natalie but I think she would have been perfectly fine with him going farther! The slow dance was nice and they did at least share a moment even if it didn't end the way they wanted. Blake has to know for sure now which is great!

      Her father does care for her and shows her his affection but he's usually pretty busy with work which leaves her with her mother who'd rather be out schmozing the high class than parenting her only child. Something's gotta give and very soon it will!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  6. I was screaming too to tell them to hurry up and kiss but oh no, they had to go and take their own sweet time and not get a damn thing done. :(

    Well good, at least one of the parents is trying to let Natalie live her life the way she wants to live it... almost. Dear old Dad still won't let her get off of her Brody-leash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Blake wanted to savor the feelings he got from her. The fact that her heart was pounding in her chest the closer he came made him feel like the King of the World. He was so caught up in that the rest of the world disappeared so he didn't realize he was on a time constraint any longer.

      Arthur would love to see Natalie do something she loves and not feel forced one way or the other about going into business because he wants that. Oh yeah, the bodyguard is a done deal! After the earful Riley gave the people at the banquet. Her father thinks her life is in danger now and will not let Brody from his post!

      Thank you for reading :D

      Delete
  7. They are too cute but then stupid Riley had to go and ruin the moment-_- Oh and don't get me started on Estelle, I get that she thinks that controlling every aspect of Nat's life is part of the "Mother know best" logic but she's smothering her. Nick and Blake are adorable as ever though^_^ I can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the good work Daijah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Riley has the best timing ever. Blake and Natalie are growing more and more comfortable with one another though and that can only mean great things ahead for them both. Estelle is going far and above mothering to the point she is trying to mold her daughter into the person she wants her to be regardless of what Natalie actually wants out of her life. Natalie is just counting the days until she can be done with her (although technically she could now). Ha Nick. Blake certainly lucked out having a friend like him!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  8. Uh....uh....uh....
    OMG!!! I know Nick Delong...
    OMG!!! I know the Silvermans...
    OMG!!!!!!!! I'm high society!!!!

    DJ, step into my office for a second!
    I remember telling you I had no sisterly love for those people and you MADE ME ONE OF THEM!!! Well, every society has an odd one out (better be me! The warm smile I greeted Natalie (I know a Silverman!) with kinda says that I am. High society is as cold as ice!) Love the turquoise! BTW, that ass in that dress! My sim looks a lot more like me than I originally thought. You can actually bounce a quarter off of it (DON'T GET ANY IDEAS!!!!)

    'Dear' friend???
    I don't like what that implies (although I do)
    Dressed in the same colors
    I don't like what that implies (although I somewhat do)
    Do I know the secrets to Nick's Bedroom like Jaz implies?
    I don't like what that implies (although I seriously do)

    What the heck? If it is so (and I'm not saying it is)... of course I get the bedroom-closet freak! Thanks a lot! What happened to nice guys like Dustin or something? Ran out?? (although I'm pretty sure he's a bedroom-closet freak too... Mica has to confirm still...)


    On to the less important parts LOL

    Yay, Masquerade!!!
    I'm glad Blake showed up (my thinly-veiled threats concerning his nether regions, should he not show up, worked)
    Wow, an almost kiss! Damn you Riley!
    Seriously, when I saw Blake twisting his arm, for a moment I saw him flying over the balcony railing, just because I'm visual like that. An accident on Blake's part that would've solved a lot of problems in my opinion.

    What a gigantic wuss!
    Someone twists (partially breaks) your arm and you make a scene? What a girl!

    I knew she could talk to daddy about her life and frustrations therein, but with the new watch duty, meeting Blake with Brody hovering will be very, very difficult!

    Loooooooved ittttttt!
    Now I'm going to go sit and worry about my Sim. Why? Because you, my friend, are a dangerous person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You said you wanted to go to the party! I specifically remember you picked out a dress (the one you're wearing) and everything! Can't blame me if your sim just showed up ready to rub elbows with Cresting Heights elite! And absolutely you're one of the good ones if you're hanging out with Nick and not the snob brigade!

      Nick doesn't kiss and tell...he just implies :P And why wouldn't dates wear the same color? Haven't you noticed the others did the same? The couple in the green for example :) I'm pretty sure Jem is well aware of the bedroom acrobatics. She looks pretty fit, like a gymnast...yes, that's what I meant.

      Lol! Yeah Dustin seems like the type, Mica, care to shed some light? And of course not, there are plenty of the nice, wholesome, decent men still left I'm sure! If not we could always make one just for you :D

      Haha poor Blake. Yes I'm sure he wanted to remain attached to his nether regions as he's HOPING to use them with Natalie sometime in the near future. He made the best move possible though by showing up. They both know now where the other stands. HAHA I think everyone kind of imagined Riley diving head first into the pavement below.

      Lol yeah, there was no way he could take Blake, he barely was able to push him when he tried. Then to have his arm twisted like that...too much man that Blake. Riley could not handle it!

      Absolutely! It's nice to know she has at least one concerned parent and he'll stand behind her regardless of the decision she makes for her life. And having Brody now surgically attached to her hip, definitely will throw a hitch in her plans to see Blake :(

      Haha me? Dangerous? Never! Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete
    2. JM! OMG! You're a celebrity. Can I have your autograph? :D :D :D

      Hahaha your simself looked super hot! We're all wondering what happened after the party... back in Nick's bedroom ;) It's okay... don't tell me - I don't think my heart would be able to handle it.

      Delete
    3. Haha she's made it big! One of the best fashion designers in the business!

      Graciously she allowed me to use her Simself which worked great at the party! And I'm sure she and Nick had a nice time afterwards too :P

      Delete
  9. waaaaaaaa! Jean-Marie???? booo booo! hahaha... just kidding... that was great
    She's only a business acquaintance anyway. ;)

    Rotten Riley strikes again. He is nothing but a whiny trouble maker. Now that he has seen Natalie with someone else, even though it wasn't a kiss yet (see boo)
    he is bound to cause all sorts of trouble. Her Dad was surprisingly on her side about what she wants. I wonder if he will continue to be that way when she tells him she has no interesting in Riley at all.

    Loved loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha too funny! Nick has female friends but does that mean they've always *only* been friends?

      Yep! And now he's provoked Blake's anger! Standing in the way of him and his Natalie right when they'd just shown one another how each felt? Nope! Blake is gonna be keeping an eye on him! And Riley will be a real pain now!

      Arthur really does care about Natalie's happiness. That conversation was definitely long overdue! As is the one about Riley. While Arthur does suspect something is up there, he won't press the situation. He doesn't want to feel as though he is prying. That's why he asked her if there was something she wanted to tell him, hoping she would. Arthur is more on her side than she realizes!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  10. “Ah! So that’s the real reason you asked me to come! So that I can be sexually abused by your Mother and her friends!” <<---- This line though, it killed me (^_^) Way funny. I really missed this story.

    The was a really beautiful moment on the balcony until that slime ball Riley barged in and ruined everything! Grr. But can they just hurry up and kiss already? Like the tension between Blake and Natalie is just too much. Even I can feel it! They NEED to be together.

    Sigh. Maybe Estelle needs an underaged toy boy to let out all her "frustrations" on. Or a big fat chill pill. Back off woman and let your daughter breathe! At least Natalie has one parent on her side. Arthur is so understanding - good on him. If both parents were alike I think Natalie would lose her mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! And Natalie was all ready to veto that. "You're MY date!"

      Thank you :) Riley ruined what would have been a wonderful first kiss and he couldn't care less! Blake and Natalie are finally seeing their feelings reflected in the other and are getting to the point where they can be together which is what they needed. Neither wanted to press the issue and now they just need another moment like tonight.

      Estelle would probably benefit from having a thing on the side for sure! She'd have someone to focus her attention on that's not her grown daughter trying to have a life of her own. She keeps treating her like a child and before long she's gonna lose her completely. Arthur has always wanted what was best for Natalie and tries to stay out of her business until she needs him but he may want to reign that wife of his in soon before she makes Natalie run away for good!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete