Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chapter 17: Fusion


One week ago...

Blake growled and thrashed violently, throwing punches in the air in front of him as he sat up suddenly on the old, rickety cot situated in the corner of the room. His head was pounding and his gut was wrenched in knots. The stench of blood pervaded the small room causing his already upset stomach to test his gag reflex. Crawling out of the bed, he stumbled through the door of the cabin and into the main room of the place.


A fire raged in the small furnace against the wall. And besides the fireplace, the only item of furniture in the sparsely decorated cabin was a rocking chair and an old table for two in the center of the room. The odor that caused his nausea wasn’t as pungent in the outer room as it was the bedroom he noticed as he stood more erect. Where am I? he thought as he looked around and realized that he was standing in the cabin from his dreams and suddenly he remembered exactly what happened.


“Hey, you’re awake!” that voice croaked from behind him and Blake turned to take in the appearance of the man. He was tall and older yet muscularly built. Light brown eyes stared at him from the man with a scruffy, blonde ‘do standing beside the door and they seemingly glowed. Through the thick beard on his face Blake could make out thin lips that formed into a smile and a set of fangs sharp enough to cut through steel. “I wasn’t sure how hard I’d hit ya. Are you hungry?”


Without waiting on an answer, he started towards the kitchen and opened up a can of soup sitting on the counter. “What? Who…who are you?” Blake asked, falling against the wall behind him, using it to hold himself up before finally finding his strength again.  

“My name’s Angelo but we’ve met before. Only thing I may have looked a little…different.” He sensed Blake’s mood shift but didn’t bother to turn around and face him. “I assume chicken noodle will suffice? It’s all I have besides.” Angelo walked into the dining room and placed a bowl in front of Blake before taking a seat across from where he stood.


“I don’t want your food, I want answers. You know who I am?”

“Of course I do, just as you know who I am; it might take a moment but it’ll come to you.” Angelo took a sip of his soup and waited for Blake to catch up. Looking up intermittently he watched his eyes examine every inch of the cabin, sniffing frantically until they lit up with recognition.

“I was here?”

“During your first change.”

“I can smell my blood. But I don’t understand why can’t I remember more clearly?”

“The first time can be a little…traumatizing. It’s like a birth, you don’t remember the specifics of transition but after a while you can start to catch glimpses or flashes of what happened; sort of like you’re dreaming.”

“And you’re a wolf?”


As the answer for his question, Angelo stood from the table, backed the chair away slightly and in front of Blake’s eyes transformed into a large black wolf. He smiled sinisterly towards Blake and watched as he thought for a moment about what he was seeing. 


The scars on his chest seemingly heated up the second he realized who the man standing in front of him really was. “YOU!” Blake charged forward and Angelo sidestepped his advance, watching as he stumbled to the ground but quickly regained his balance. “You did this to me! You made me into a monster!”

“I saved your life!” Angelo returned with just as much bass in his voice as Blake. “You’re welcome!”

“Saved my life? You cursed me with loneliness! You made me incapable of being around people and you expect me to say thank you? Are you fucking crazy? Why? Why did you do this? Why me?”


“If I didn’t someone else would have and instead of turning you, HE would have killed you! I got to you first and I made you what you were supposed to be. I made you stronger, faster and smarter; I saved you from his savage appetite and I brought you here to teach you. Except the night of your change he came for you again. And while I was out keeping them at bay, you shifted and took off. I’ve been looking for you ever since but I figured at some point, you’d come back looking for answers.”

“Who are you talking about?”

“Dante!” Angelo replied and watched Blake back off a little. “And from the look on your face I can see you know exactly who I’m talking about. Let me guess, he came after you and you barely got away?” Blake nodded his head, his anger slowly diminishing as he listened to Angelo speak. “That’s because Dante hunts in a pack and knows where and when to strike.”


“That doesn’t explain why you made me this instead of just taking Dante on then. Why did you have to take me from my life? Why?”

“Blake, what do you know about wolves?”

He shook his head and sighed before answering with, “Not much other than what I’ve figured out on my own.”

“Well for starters, you don’t have to change if you don’t want to. It’s all about control. There’s no reason you can’t have normal relationships with those you love and live the life you had before. If you’re willing to let me, I can teach you how.” Blake dropped onto the seat at the table and nodded in defeat.


“Good.” Angelo took his seat again and started back in on the soup in front of him, glancing up at Blake who slowly moved to eat his as well. “You’re welcomed to stay for as long as you need. A few days here in the mountains and I promise, you’ll be a new man.”

Present...


“You look nice! Dressed to impress or just trying to upstage me?” Jessica asked with a grin as Natalie exited her front door and slipped into the limo beside her. Nick had arranged transportation for her and her friends to join him at his VIP in the most premier nightclub in town, Fusion. As promised he was giving them a night on the town they’d never forget.

“Jess, I don’t think ANYONE could upstage you.”


“Yes, I know,” she giggled and dramatically tousled her hair over her shoulder as her two friends joined her in laughter. “Natalie! Can you believe this? He sent a limo to pick us up! I must say though I was a little disappointed he didn’t personally come but, I suspect he is getting everything perfect for our arrival.”

Natalie gave her friend a look and Roxanne burst into laughter. “She’s been like this since I joined her. She has this huge idea that somehow she’s going to persuade Nick DeLong, photographer to the stars, to be her Sugar Daddy. I can’t convince her otherwise.”


“That’s because I know what I’m saying is true. I mean come on; I’ve been shopping for THE perfect outfit for a week now ever since Natalie set this thing up. I look absolutely to die for and even have on flavored lipgloss and edible panties plus I read somewhere that red was his favorite color. There is NO way Nick DeLong is turning me down!”

“What makes you think he’s not already seeing someone?” Roxanne asked and sipped from the glass beside her arm.


“And what makes you think that matters one bit? I said he won’t resist me he won’t! We’re here!” The limo came to a stop outside a building with bright neon lights and a set of search lights at the end of the red carpet. Beside the door a line of people crowded the area just behind a braided rope where a bouncer stood with a clipboard and a judging expression on his face. “Alright girls, it’s showtime,” Jessica grinned and fixed her breasts beneath her silk top. She was practically falling out of it already but made her boobs even more visible before stepping out of the limousine.


Walking first up towards the door, the large man stepped in front of her before she could get too far ahead of herself and pushed her lightly. “Hold on there Baby, where do you think you’re going? See that line,” he pointed towards the row of angry faces watching her try and maneuver her way past the ropes and into the door. “You can go on and get behind the rest of them.”


“Excuse me? Do you know who…” Natalie placed her hand on her friend’s shoulder and moved in front of her.

“Sorry, we’re guests of Nick DeLong,” she smiled and watched as the man went down the list of names stopping on DeLong party of 5.

“Name?”

“Natalie Silverman and these are my friends Jessica and Roxanne.” The man unhooked the metal clip and waved the trio through.

“Have fun,” he grinned at Jessica who shot him an annoyed glower. 


The girls stepped into the heavy metal doors of Fusion and was instantly hit with the vibrating floor of the bumping music. Gobo lights bounced off of every wall within the large space and bodies upon bodies of dancers crammed the dance floor moving along to the house DJ. Jessica’s eyes fell on the bartender who had noticed her upon entry and smiled. Roxanne leaned forward enough to allow her friend to hear her and griped. “And here I thought your ‘girls’ were out to play for Nick only.”

“What? I’m just being friendly! He smiled at me first!”


“Uh huh,” Roxanne chuckled and started moving to the music as they stood near the door. Natalie on the other hand was too occupied looking around the crowd to pay attention to her friends poke fun at one another.

Noticing the man in the dark suit and salmon colored shirt standing at the second story balcony, her face turned upwards into a smile and she waved. Nick in return waved to her as well and rushed forward to greet them before they could move in his direction. 


“You made it!” He grinned and gave Natalie a light peck on her cheek. “And wow you ladies look stunning!”

“Thank you,” Jessica quickly soaked up the compliment. “You can’t know how hard it is to find something suitable to wear for a fashion photographer.”


“No, and I can’t imagine anything not complimenting you either,” Nick licked his lips and took Jessica’s hand in his. “Nick DeLong,” he kissed her knuckles delicately never once taking his eyes off of her and she sighed as his lips brushed against her skin. “And you are?”

“This is my friend Jessica, and this is Roxanne,” Natalie made the introductions as she continued eyeing the crowds of people. It seemed too many were tucked in the cramped club and she could already feel the heat rising the closer they moved towards the stairs. 


“Jessica, Roxanne, it’s a pleasure to meet you both. Natalie has told me nothing about you,” he joked and held the curtain open for them to pass through. Roxanne slid into the booth situating herself on the far end and Natalie took a seat on the opposite side. Jessica who had made it a point to stay at Nick’s side moved into the center but quickly scooted herself against him as he settled on the side nearest the door.

Nick watched as Natalie’s eyes continued scanning the room and motioned towards the waitress who was making her rounds of the area. “A bottle of Cristal please,” he smiled and waited for the woman to excuse herself from their table. “I take it you have never been here before?”


“Hmm? Oh sorry. No we mostly frequent Club Liquid.”

“And there was Orchid before it shut down,” Roxanne added as the waitress returned with their drinks. She raised her glass to her lips and let the bubbles of the expensive champagne fizzle against her tongue for a moment. “Mmm. And this is always a real treat Mr. DeLong.”

“Nick. As I’ve told Natalie, I’m not much older than you and don’t have gray hair. It’s Nick, always please.”

“And Nick,” Jessica smiled and slowly rubbed her hand against his arm as she moved even closer giving him a nice view down her dress. By this time she was practically sitting in his lap. “Is this your favorite place?” She seductively teased the rim of her glass before sipping slowly of her drink and replacing it to the table top.


“More and more as the time passes,” he replied and wrapped an arm around Jessica’s waist. She giggled and leaned into his body, rubbing her nose against his neck and inhaling his lightly applied cologne. Natalie sighed and played with the hem of her dress as Roxanne bounced in the seat beside her again dancing to the music. “Natalie, are you ok?” Nick asked leaning forward slightly.

Shaking her head no, her bottom lip went between her teeth and she took a sip of her champagne. “Have you heard from him?” She asked curiously, trying her best to hide her anxiety from her friends.


“Not since he took off last week. He was really in a rush to leave though; some business to take care of. I’m sure he’s alright though, you shouldn’t worry.”

“Easier said than done,” Natalie responded quietly.

“So Mr. DeLong, how good are your dance moves?” Jessica asked, her tongue slipping over her lips sensuously ensuring Nick picked up on her double entendre. “Come on, I want you to show me what you got!”


Natalie sat watching Nick and Jessica tear up the dance floor before finally excusing herself to the ladies room. Before her hand gripped the handle, a cool palm slipped over her mouth and pulled her into a dark room just below the stairs. The door closed and Natalie placed her back against it and waited for her eyes to adjust. 


“Blake!” she gasped as his face came into focus. “What the…”

“Sorry if I scared you. The door makes a loud beeping sound I had to stop you before you opened it.” He moved towards a shelf in the corner and turned on the light situated on the wall. Wow, he exclaimed beneath his breath as he turned to look at her and took in her outfit. “I…you…y-y-you look nice.” Slowly he committed every inch of her body to memory with a light lick of his tongue across his lips. Time away did little to reconcile his feelings for her; if anything it only made them stronger.


She caught the look on his face as he looked her up and down and smiled to herself as she moved closer. “Thank you Blake.” He pulled out a chair at the table in the center of the room and she took the seat he offered. “How are you?” she asked, wanting nothing more than to rush forward and throw her arms around his neck and hug him tightly.

“Not bad.

“How was your trip? You were gone for a week. I wasn’t sure if you were ok or not. Nick said he hadn’t heard from you and after everything that happened at your place I thought…”

“You were worried?” Blake asked, unable to hide the smile that formed on his face as he stepped closer beside her.


“Well yeah, of course I was Blake. I mean you and I are f-friends and I care about my…friends.” Blake sighed dismally and nodded his head. His hand went to the back of his neck and he rubbed at it nervously, trying to control his change in mood. Friends, that word confirmed it all. “So where did you go?”

“I had things to do.” The explanation sounded lame and Blake instantly regretted being so short with her. “I’m not very good with people and I needed to make sure I’d be able to handle myself around them.”

“Because of your illness?” His eyes shot to hers and he narrowed them trying to figure out what she was getting at. “When you collapsed in front of me before. Like I said Blake I’ve been around people like that and I understand how painful it can be trying to be someone you’re not and hoping everyone around you don’t see you as just your illness.”


“I’m not sick Natalie,” he started to tell her; he wanted to more than anything but it just wasn’t the right time. And especially being in a crowded nightclub, there was just no way of predicting her reaction or worse, his. “Look I know things happened kind of suddenly between us and you’re probably very confused and I know I’m not making things better but I promise you it’s all necessary. There are just some things about me you can’t know and probably wouldn’t understand.”

“You never know unless you try,” she smiled sincerely and he leaned forward against the table. “Are you worried about me because of those guys that attacked you?” 


“Hmm? Oh uh yeah, amongst other things. It’s not like my life was all sunshine and roses before that though you know? I was hiding in a tunnel when you found me. I was there for a reason.” This conversation was not improving his mood and he felt the jolt of his wolf a few times as he thought about those animals with their paws all over his Natalie. His Natalie. He’d promised himself when he found them, he’d make them all suffer for touching her. Blowing out a breath, Blake calmed his nerves and took another step towards the table and where Natalie sat. “So uh how’ve you been?”

“Fine,” she replied in brief form not ready to get into her problems at home.

“That’s good. Have you made plans for your free time yet?”

“Free time?”

“Oh well you said that Swan Lake was your last performance so I assumed you quit the ballet as you’d planned.”


“Oh right yeah, no, I haven’t quite ended my dance career just yet. The day I went to tell my parents I heard my Dad gushing about my performance to one of his friends. It kind of made the whole ‘I hate ballet and want to quit’ talk a little awkward so I went for a run instead. I went past your place…I mean your old place.”

“What for?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged hopelessly. “I guess it was just a little nostalgia or something.”

“Natalie I don’t want you going there now. It’s too dangerous especially since I’m not around there anymore to keep those guys or anyone else from harming you. That’s probably all they’re waiting for; you or me to pop up again so they can pounce. Promise me you’ll stay away from that building,” his voice was becoming throatier as he spoke and Natalie shrunk a little at the dominance in his tone.

“Alright, I promise Blake. I didn’t really think it was that big a deal.”


He sighed and watched her eyes fall to the table and pulled the chair out across from her. “No one’s asked about me or anything you’d been doing around that place have they?” he asked as he dropped into the chair and played with his fingers for a moment. Natalie nodded her head no and he continued fiddling with his hands. “Good, that’s good.”

“So…are you better now? Around people I mean. See the masquerade is in two days and…I mean if you’re able to, I’d love to have you come. Just if you’re able to; no pressure.” she leaned forward and tapped her fingers on the table. 


“Yeah?” he shrugged nonchalantly and smiled. “Who knows, maybe I might pop around.” Natalie blushed and Blake leaned forward, propping himself on his elbows as he felt himself relax more in her company. Natalie moved closer and slowly moved her hand towards his face. When he made no motion to back away, she affectionately caressed his cheek and her smile brought him to life. Blake could tell she was comfortable around him which only seemed to heat his body more as he warmed to her touch. “Yeah, maybe I will see you there.”

Continue ---->

16 comments:

  1. wow ok so Dante, is that the guy after him or just one of the main guy's minions? Either way from what I gather Blake was always meant to be a wolf? It would seem that way at least. I don't think Blake got all the answers yet, but something is up. This Dante is after him for a reason I fear.

    Jessica, clingy much. I guess there is no shame when you are trying to land a sugar daddy. LOL I half expected her to sit in his lap and give him a dance. :P She is a woman on a mission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dante is in fact the wolf we saw holding Natalie's pic and one that Blake should very much fear. Angelo mentioned that he made Blake into what he was supposed to become, I don't think it registered with him just yet. But he spent an entire week up there with Angelo, there's no telling what he may have learned during that time (stuff you didn't get to see...yet).

      Lol yeah, Jessica sees something she wants and she goes for it, no holds barred! But like I said before, Nick needed to have a girl before we could peek into that bedroom of his :P Step one, complete!

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, the whole cabin interaction was very intriguing, I wonder what they must have been doing during that week.

    And I'm dying to see how the masquerade will go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever happened must have helped Blake a lot for him to head home and seek out Natalie almost immediately. That may mean he's able to better control his change which would also mean that he may be able to be around Natalie without being so worried that he'll hurt her. That would be great for the both of them :)

      It should be a fun party :)

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. Moar!
    I like it when things start coming together. I wonder what the whole reason is behind Blake being destined to be a wolf? Future alpha of a pack? At first I though Angelo was a little wishy-washy, hitting Blake over the head and all but he seems like he really wants to help.

    Psht. That Jessica needs to back off from Nick... Throwing herself at him like that. SMH. Girl, have some class :/ But ya let's see what goes on in that bedroom already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is something that Angelo has to explain to Blake and why Dante was after him in the first place. If everything he said so far though is true then that means that the hard part is far from over and there are other packs looking for him still.

      Lol Angelo did have that surfer brain thing going for a moment there it seemed but he is interested in helping Blake, hitting him I guess was his way of saying hello? Lol he couldn't be sure how Blake would have reacted to another wolf in his company because he was never tested so knocking him out was for his own protection just in case Blake became violent.

      Haha Jessica didn't waste any time that's for sure! She had already planned to take him home with her before she even met him! Jessica has no shame though lol and yes, we need to find out what he does behind closed doors O.o

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Blakes got a lot going on this chapter! I hope he got some answers and advice over tha past week, and as we now see the guy who turned him isn't pure evil like we assumed.

    I was seriously depressed when he didn't noticed Natalies hesistion to call him a 'friend'. Hellooo?? Wake up! She wants more, you want more, do something about it! I hope that the ending where she touches his face makes him realise, and I really want him to go to the masquerade!

    Uh, wow... I think Jessica wants something from Nick. Maybe she needs to be a little more obvious about it? :p
    I assume this means we're not too far off seeing Nick in all his glory in the bedroom? Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He surely does! I think though he is moving closer to learning what he is capable of and how to control it which is why he felt comfortable seeing Natalie so soon. Nope! Angelo is actually a very nice guy and only wanted to help him. And had Blake stuck around that night he was changed he'd have never had to go those four years underground abandoned and alone.

      Lol yeah Blake needs to wake up already and possibly the Masque is his chance to do just that :D One of them for sure needs to make a move already before they both explode from the tension! She has been the only one he's let that close in a long time and more and more he's feeling comfortable with her touching him and being so near, he has to realize sooner or later! (Hopefully sooner)

      HAHAHAHAHA not bold enough huh? Yeah she was practically undressing herself and sitting in his lap right there! If Nick didn't get the picture then he's about as thick as our friend Blake is right now! And you are very right! Nick and his closed doors are gonna be opened up real soon!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Good to see that Blake's maker appears to be a decent guy... all except for the fact that he hit him to get him to stay at first... and that he changed him to begin with. Yeah. I guess I still don't 100% trust him. Trust. No one.

    Oh boy, Jessica, can you get any easier? Do you really think that's how to get Nick. Hm. Maybe it is. LOL. I hope she doesn't expect to get a call the next day though.

    Of course, I was so afraid when someone (Blake) grabbed Natalie at the club. Glad it was Blake. Friends? Oh, come ON! /facepalm.
    I hope he comes to the masque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha other than the fact that he seems a little too aggressive or overly enthusiastic Angelo is very helpful and will be there if/when Blake needs him. LOL Trust. No one. Haha he has to be able to trust someone at some point. If Angelo is being honest about Dante then that means Blake will need all the help he can get!

      Jessica believes that once she has him, there is no letting go. She's surely not concerned with how she appears and Nick is thoroughly enjoying her attention. Whether or not she's a forever girl is yet to be determined though. Maybe there's gold flowing between those legs of hers O.o (then again why would she need a sugar daddy if that was the case?)

      Natalie was a little frightened too until she saw him. Lol yeah they are dragging out their moment a little bit but it's fun to watch them squirm! Blake had better be there at this point! After all she's done to make it perfect BECAUSE of him! It would be rude not to attend :P

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  6. Angelo might be an okay guy, but right now I'm not giving him a second look. Give Blake the answers he's searching for and scram! You've basically ruined (so Blake thinks) his life enough already.

    I'm ready to get some insights into Dante's life now. Is he really the mastermind behind it, or is he just a minion (shit, I'm all laughing now thinking about despicable me) He a bad mofo and I wanna know what he's planning. Sooner or later he will get to Natalie to get to Blake. Standard procedure!! ....I hope it's not at the masque.... (with my luck? My first thoughts are usually right, but...uhm...yeah!)

    J-E-S-S-I-C-A!!
    Real subtle girl, I didn't even know what you were doing *sarcasm*
    But...
    She's not moving fast enough! If she were, we'd be seeing the other side of the bedroom door already! Jess, put your back into it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true. Blake feels cheated out of life thanks to Angelo and he believes he was doing this to save Blake's life. Kind of a difference of opinions there.

      Dante is definitely the man to fear. I'm sure there are plenty of others around that would think twice before crossing him. To spend a day in your head...screw that. I think 30 seconds would be plenty! But sounds like a constant party in there! He definitely is the type to screw with someone through their loved ones but he's also very cunning and likes to pick his moments. There's always a reason for his actions and usually he's a step or two ahead of his enemies!

      Haha I think Jessica skipped that lecture from her parents about milk and cows and what should/should not be free. LOL! At least she's getting support though! She's dying to see his bedroom too and thanks to a nice slinky red number, she just might get her way.

      Thank you for reading :D

      Delete
  7. Man, too bad there isn't a pose showing a guy's tongue rolling out of his mouth, because I'm sure that was Blake's reaction when he saw Natalie in that dress!

    Not sure what to make of Angelo yet. Could be an ally but just as easily be an enemy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

    I'm loving this buildup you have between Natalie and Blake. I mean, to my mind it's not a "will they or won't they" because I'm pretty sure they will, but the slow build to it happening is great!

    Jessica could use some subtlety lessons.

    Can't wait for the masquerade ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha definitely! I just saw that cartoon wolf looking at that foxy lounge singer lol. Blake was blown away at Natalie's outfit. He did a horrible job showing that too, Natalie picked up on it as well.

      Angelo hasn't really given Blake much to go on but he did help him control his shift which Blake is truly grateful for. He's shady enough to be an enemy but I think in time Blake will learn to trust his maker.

      The cat and mouse is always fun. To me it's "What's next?" after he catches her. That's why I'm trying to prolong it as much as I can. Although she's running out of map to run now :D

      Hahaha I don't think she knows the meaning behind that word. But hey if it helps her get what she wants, she's all for it!

      It should be a blast! (Hopefully)

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  8. I hope that Angelo is really someone that Blake can trust. He hinted at Dante wanting Blake for some reason. I wonder really why and can't wait till that unfolds...

    Nick looked so good. I'm a goner.

    The night club looked very nice... the girls all looked beautiful.
    I was really surprised that it was Blake who grabbed Natalie. I am glad it was him and not one of the looney Dante wolves. The Masquerade will be very fun to read I am sure.... still loving it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelo is Blake's maker and does want to help him. Unfortunately some earlier circumstances have changed him but he is still someone who can certainly help Blake understand who he is and how to control his animal side.

      HAHA yep it sounds like you are :P

      Thank you! They dressed up to be seen with one of the celebrities of Cresting Heights...although Natalie's attire was much more appreciated by Blake! It was a frightening moment for Natalie too I'm sure but seeing him standing there after not hearing from him for a week she was more than pleasantly surprised! The Masquerade should be a blast!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete