Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Just a little something as a project from Rebel Writers Nirvana as a special 'love day' event, enjoy!


Forbidden by: Blake Foster


Hurry my love, let’s steal away we haven’t much time.
Before the sun sets I must say what’s on my mind.
It’s been so long since last we talked but you are in my dreams
And moments like these are always realer than they seem.


The first day I saw you was the best of my life
Your smile melted away my fears, my worries and my strife
I’d often stopped and wondered why you weren’t worshipped as a God
Why millions everywhere were not instantly in love with you seemed odd 


Because if they saw you as I do, a beautiful spirit and mind
They’d know what an Angel you are, truly one of a kind.
It never fully registered until the moment we met
That when the Heavens rain that it’s for you they wept.


We could talk all day and talk all night and never run out of things to say
My thoughts don’t cease and my eyes don’t blink when you look at me that way
Your love is like the moonflower I watched you bring alive
A mysterious, beautiful bud that blooms in eventide


I feel it on the inside somewhere deep in my soul
You have that certain something that makes my spirit whole
Words could never express the way you make me feel
And when our lips caress, it truly seals the deal


Without you I’d be nothing, that’s an unbearable pain
Of this I am certain, like a cloud without its rain
I think of you every waking moment and long for you each night
And pray your love can free me of this cursed bite.


I’ve loved you for a while but never like this before
What started off as friends blossomed into much more
The way you look into my eyes could heal a broken heart
And your beauty far outweighs even the finest art


Hush my love be still, there’s no need for you to cry
I cannot bear to see a tear stain your pretty eye
I know I demand more of you than our worlds will allow
But with smiles we will look back on this moment right now


Our time is so short and our touches are so few
Yet our secret must hold fast, for now we will make due
I hope one day I can say how much I’m in love with you
And hope on that day that you will love me too.
And as I hold your hand for maybe the last time
Know my heart is yours as yours will always be mine.

6 comments:

  1. That was beautiful.

    <:')

    (and this comment doesn't do it justice)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :) thank you. It's funny that as a writer I find creating poems the hardest thing ever!

      Happy Valentine's :D

      Delete
    2. The skill of poetry eludes me as well, and if anything sounds remotely poetic in nature, it is purely accidental. :)

      Delete
    3. Lol! I know what you mean. For some reason "romance" has always been the hardest for me to write!

      Delete